If you’re facing criminal charges, a top criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD has to offer may be able to help with your legal situation. Greenberg Law Offices has a team of criminal attorneys who understand the precarious nature of such charges. Our legal team can work alongside you to help fight for your rights. Whether you have been arrested and charged or are facing charges against an alleged crime, one of our lawyers can speak with you during a free, no obligation consultation. We have three Baltimore, Maryland offices to conveniently serve you.
What a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Baltimore MD Can Do for You
The criminal defense lawyers at our firm have years of experience and vast legal knowledge, and are able to understand the complexities of our legal system. If you’ve found yourself in legal trouble and charged with a crime, a criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD residents trust can help fight on your behalf. Throughout the entire process, an attorney from our legal firm can help guide you in the right direction while providing you with advice and support. In addition, a Baltimore criminal defense lawyer from Greenberg Law Offices may be able to provide you with some or all of the following services:
- Reduce the amount of your required bail
- Pay your bail so that you can be released from jail until other arrangements are made
- Arrange for the criminal charges against you to be reduced or dropped
- Explain the legal process as it pertains to your situation and what you may be facing
- Represent you in court proceedings as well as outside of court
- Offer legal guidance as to how or if you should respond to other attorneys, judges, and law enforcement officers
- Protect your legal rights
Choosing a Baltimore MD Criminal Defense Lawyer Over Defending Yourself
Technically, you can choose to defend yourself against any charge brought against you without the assistance of a criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD locals recommend. Unfortunately, if you don’t thoroughly understand the legal system, you might encounter negative consequences and larger financial losses in the long run. You’re also at risk of damaging your professional reputation. When you seek the assistance of an experienced criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD can provide, you can rest assured that your case is being handled by a qualified, knowledgeable legal representative. A highly experienced criminal defense lawyer in Baltimore MD from Greenberg Law Offices will likely review all of the evidence that has been brought against you. At the same time, he or she may gather information to build a strong case in your defense. Should your criminal case go to court, your lawyer will work hard to vigorously defend your charges, with the possibility of reducing or dropping them altogether.
When Should You Hire a Criminal Defense Lawyer Baltimore MD Trusts?
If you or someone you know has been arrested, it may be crucial to speak to a criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD offers as soon as possible. Mainly, this is to ensure that you don’t miss important deadlines that can seriously hurt your case if you miss them. In general, the legal process may initially be very fast-paced and require you to attend an arraignment proceeding. During this time, you will likely listen to a judge discuss your case and the charges brought against you. At that point you may have the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. This will largely depend on the legal advice you receive from a criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD provides.
Attending the arraignment without legal support from a qualified attorney is typically unadvisable; you may risk making irrational decisions, errors or experiencing legal confusion simply because you don’t know what to say or how to say it. A criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD citizens trust may be able to help avoid these potential pitfalls and speak on your behalf. He or she may also arrange a meeting with the judge or prosecutor to further discuss solutions that might be more beneficial to you. Your attorney can begin to develop a legal strategy after a careful review of your situation and the events that led up to it. In advance of meeting with an attorney, it is usually advantageous to collect the following and bring to your initial consultation if possible:
- Any and all paperwork related to your case, including a copy of the police report.
- Your driver’s license, passport, military identification or other legal document that proves your identity.
- Notes or a written account in your own words of the events before, during, and after the event that led to your arrest.
- Contact information that you may have for anyone else involved in your case, including witnesses, character references, victims, etc.
- Financial information for making any necessary payments for court costs, lawyers’ fees, etc. Your attorney can explain in more detail what will be needed which will depend on the circumstances of your case.
- Physician or medical provider contact information if you were injured in the incident that led to your criminal charges.
- Medical records may also be necessary at some point to establish the extent of your injuries.
Receiving Additional Support From Your Lawyer
It’s common for people to feel emotional and vulnerable after being charged with a crime. This is especially true for those who have never been in this situation before or charged with a crime. These feelings may become further heightened if you’re not sure what’s going to happen to you or your loved ones. A criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD respects can help fight for you, while also providing you with emotional support. Professional legal guidance from a skilled attorney can be extremely beneficial in many different ways. This alone can help make a positive impact on your confidence and the way you handle yourself in the court. Our attorneys at Greenberg Law Offices want to do everything possible to ensure that your case is resolved with the best possible outcome.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Greenberg Law Office
If you’ve been accused of a crime, it is your right to remain silent when questioned by law enforcement agents or officers. If you choose to take the fifth amendment in this way, you also are not required to speak to anyone until after you have contacted a criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD defendants recommend. Moreover, you are not obligated to plead guilty or settle for a plea bargained sentence. No matter what kind of criminal charges you are facing, Greenberg Law Firm may be able to help you. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer Baltimore MD residents rely on, call us today at 410-844-4854.